Monday, September 18, 2006

Belt up!!

Well, in common I suspect with many other people, I've had to shell out for a booster seat in order to be able to continue to do the school run with my grandchildren. A couple of points arise from this. First, the publicity has been pathetic - if I (a) hadn't heard a rumour a few months ago, and (b) hadn't got access to the Internet, the first I would have heard about it would have been a news item in the last few days, giving me virtually no time to do anything about it. Second, if this is a safety issue, and apparently been under discussion for some years, why haven't car manufacturers taken it on board and come up with adjustable seats and/or seatbelts for children? Finally, my cynical side wonders whether there's any connection between those who have promulgated this law, and the manufacturers of child seats and boosters!

No comments: