Thursday, April 20, 2006

You couldn't make it up!

The last series of "Doctor Who" included episodes based on the premise that the Government of this country had been taken over by aliens posing as Ministers. Have you looked at Charles Clarke, our beloved Home Secretary lately? Could he in fact be a Slithereen? It would explain a lot. Have you seen his latest piece of idiocy? He is suggesting that people who have been convicted and imprisoned but subsequently had that conviction overturned on appeal should not be entitled to any compensation. So if I'm taken away from my home and family and locked up by a criminal, I would be entitled to compensation, but if the same thing is done to me by the state, I wouldn't be. It appears that I would be classed as a "victim" in the first case, but not the second. Is the man sane?

No comments: